Your Path to Freedom: Services & Solutions
Fortem Financial's multi-disciplinary team of experts provides you with superior wealth management and financial planning advice by turning in-depth analysis into a customized portfolio designed to meet your specific goals. Some of our services include:
Investment Consulting: Fortem Financial employs sophisticated research and analytical systems to screen thousands of stocks and bonds to create a bottom-up fundamental analysis that identifies mispriced securities around the world.
Fortem Financial employs sophisticated research and analytical systems to screen thousands of stocks and bonds to create a bottom-up fundamental analysis that identifies mispriced securities around the world.
- Access to sophisticated research and analytical systems.
- Active screening of thousands of stocks and bonds to create a bottom-up fundamental analysis identifying mispriced securities around the world.
- Screening and review of seasoned and emerging money managers, seeking out mangers who have delivered positive risk-adjusted returns against their benchmarks.
- Creation of a personal investment policy for each client.
- We provide each client a custom-tailored investment portfolio, factoring in personal goals and risk tolerances.
- We provide daily monitoring of all banking and investing, with up-to-the minute information made transparent via a customized client dashboard tool.
Fiduciary Wealth Management: A financial advisor held to a Fiduciary Standard occupies a position of special trust and confidence when working with a client. As a Fiduciary, the financial advisor is required to act with undivided loyalty to the client.
Fiduciary Wealth Management:
A financial advisor held to a Fiduciary Standard occupies a position of special trust and confidence when working with a client. As a Fiduciary, the financial advisor is required to act with undivided loyalty to the client. This includes disclosure of how the financial advisor will be compensated and any corresponding conflicts of interest (National Association of Personal Financial Advisors).
Why should you care if your advisor is a fiduciary?
- If your advisor is NOT a fiduciary, you have no assurance that he/she is working with undivided loyalty to YOU.
- If your advisor is NOT a fiduciary, they may not provide a clear and complete statement of any conflicts of interest present in the work he/she is doing on your behalf.
- You may not receive a full and complete disclosure of all fees and embedded costs if your advisor is NOT a fiduciary.
- If you are NOT working with a fiduciary, your advisor may unfairly advantage one advisory client to the disadvantage of another.
Planning for Retirement: Fortem Financial helps clients prepare for their retirement and understand what they need to do meet their retirement goals.
Planning for Retirement:
Fortem Financial helps clients prepare for their retirement and understand what they need to do meet their retirement goals. We establish and execute a plan to accomplish our clients’ personal goals, including:
- Perform a comprehensive analysis of current and future (expected) cash flows (both income and expenses).
- Analyze portfolio holdings to ensure risk remains within clients’ personal parameters.
- Work together with trusted legal professionals to establish an estate plan that will meet clients’ directives.
- Work with trusted tax advisors to ensure tax efficiency, both in portfolio management and estate planning.
- Review and monitor company retirement plans.
- Provide aggregate reporting so clients can view all their investment assets, cash assets, and insurance policies in one convenient location.
Tax Planning: We work with your accountant to ensure we are managing your portfolio in the most tax efficient manner.
We work with your accountant to ensure we are managing your portfolio in the most tax efficient manner. We also provide regular tax summaries of accounts including gains, projected income and fees to your accountant so that we can minimize your tax obligations.
We frequently hear of tax planning being done at year-end, or worse yet, in March or April just before taxes are due. We provide ongoing tax planning throughout the year, allowing us to take advantage of tax loss harvesting when appropriate.
Charitable Giving: We structure and help execute the establishment of private foundations, charitable funds, endowments and trusts.
For clients who want to include charitable giving in their estate plans, we provide advice to help structure and execute the establishment of:
- Private foundations
- Charitable funds
- Endowments and trusts
We also manage various foundations, charitable funds and endowments, and are familiar with the reporting standards required for these types of accounts. We provide the necessary reports and monitor these accounts on an ongoing basis.
The Fortem Difference
When it comes to personal wealth management, freedom is your most valuable commodity. Which is why Fortem Financial fights for your financial freedom every day.
We take on institutions that would otherwise limit you of options and opportunities. With our open architecture platform we have the choice to handpick the best that Wall Street has to offer - which forces financial institutions to compete in price and performance for your business.
Most of all, we free you from the shackles of worry and burden.
Fortem Financial is a boutique wealth management firm that builds on individual and family success. We're looking out for your financial well-being at all times by offering a diversified approach to investment that will serve you well into retirement.
Fortem Financial is a member of the Focus Financial Partners network. Focus Financial Partners is a leading partnership of independently managed fiduciary wealth management firms. Focus provides superior access to best practices, resources, and continuity planning for its partner firms who serve individuals, families, employers, and institutions with wealth management, benefits consulting, and investment consulting services. Focus partner firms maintain their operational independence, while they benefit from the synergies, scale, economics, and best practices of a market leader to achieve their business objectives.
Fiduciary [fi-doo-shee-er-ee]: A fiduciary is a person or organization that owes to another the duties of good faithand trust. The highest legal duty of one party to another, it also involves being bound ethically to act in the other's best interests.
Definition from Investopedia